Friday 19 July 2013

Crunchy Kale Chips


If you haven't tried kale chips already, then you're in for a treat. They're so easy, they take about 10 minutes to make and you won't have any difficulty eating the whole bowl. I've loved kale for a long time, but these chips were inspired by my friend Catherine from Farmhouse Home who wrote this great post about kale - both the recipes look so good on this post. So the next time I got my hands on a bunch of kale I made kale chips. Then I made them again the next time I had kale. You get the picture, they're awesome.

This is only a "sort of" recipe - you don't really need any quantities. Just grab a bunch of kale and rip it into rough pieces. Toss it in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and a light sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss well so that the pieces are all evenly coated. Spread on a baking tray and bake at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and serve with a light sprinkling of salt. 

Hope you enjoy this little "almost" recipe while I'm away. As this post goes up I'm hanging out in Northern Denmark before catching the ferry to Norway to start exploring fjords. I hope it isn't too cold and rainy where you are!

2 comments:

  1. we absolutely loved these chips, they turned out yummy, crunchy and as the perfect healthy munch :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in - these chips are so addictive! :)

      Delete