This one has a bit of a difference with the addition of the garlic right at the end so that the garlicy flavour really comes out.
Pumpkin, Leek and Garlic Soup
1 onion, chopped
1 leek, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
7 cups of vegetable stock
500g Butternut pumpkin, chopped
500g Jap pumpkin, chopped
300g cauliflower, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
3 tsp cumin
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
Cracked pepper, to garnish
1. Heat some olive oil in a soup pot and saute the onion, leek and one of the garlic cloves until soft and transparent.
2. Add the vegetable stock, vegetables and spices and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 20 minutes or until all the vegies are well cooked (this will vary depending on how big you chopped your vegies).
3. When the vegies are cooked transfer the soup to a blender with the remaining clove of raw garlic and purée in batches. Add back to the rinsed soup pot and heat gently.
4. Stir through the soy sauce and lemon juice.
5. Eat! (Tastes great with fresh bread rolls!)