Saturday 11 May 2013

Turkish Delight Martini


I'm participating again in one of my absolute favourite blogging events - the Vegan Virtual Potluck. I almost didn't make it in this year, as I've been flat out and almost didn't get time to make my drink. So much travel planning to do! I'm heading overseas in July for almost 6 weeks so I have so much to organise and think about! I'm also looking for guest posts to help keep my blog from dying while I'm away - so if you are a blogger and you enjoy my blog, please think about contributing a guest post (I'll be happy to return the favour). Get in touch with me if you're interested. Enough about that - now to the cocktail!


In last year's potluck I brought a dessert - my Choc Banana Ice Cream Pie (Vegan & Sugar Free!). This time I thought I'd change it up a bit and bring a beverage, so that I could try out a new cocktail on you all. It's called a Turkish Delight Martini, even though it doesn't actually contain any of the ingredients of a martini. But let's not let nitty gritty get in the way of a good cocktail name. 



Turkish Delight Martini

Ingredients
3 measures vodka
2 measures Frangelico
2 tsp rosewater
2 drops pink food colouring (optional, just for colour)
1 cup ice
Pieces of Turkish Delight

To Make
1. Combine vodka, frangelico, rosewater and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into martini glasses.
2. Place a small piece of Turkish Delight in the bottom of each glass. Enjoy!

Makes 2.

Variation:
You'll notice that this cocktail is just straight booze. Don't worry it tastes incredibly sweet and smooth. If, however, you'd like to thin out the booze a bit you can replace one of the measures of vodka with 2 measures of simple syrup.

This is the virtual vegan potluck, which is so much fun so make sure you check out everyone else's posts too!

To start from the beginning and work your way through head to the very first blog in the chain by clicking right....... here. If you've already worked your way through all the recipes before me then I hope you're enjoying all the dishes. I can't wait to sit down with a cup of tea and go through them all!

What's next in beverages? Time to move on to the next Potluck Offering. 


Hit this button to go to the previous post (Walnut Date Smoothies by Gazing in) or click here:



Hit this button to go to the next post (Citrus Glow Smoothie by Almost Raw Vegan) or click here:



23 comments:

  1. I love it, the candy makes it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What could make a cocktail better than a piece of Turkish delight in the bottom?? :)

      Delete
  2. This is so fun and pretty! It looks like the perfect summer beverage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's Autumn over here and it went down a treat! So I officially declare it perfect for every season :)

      Delete
  3. I love this drink! I love it to distraction and I am going to have to assemble the ingredients ASAP because it looks amazing :). Cheers for sharing it with us on the VVP and I know which drink I will be voting for :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Serendipity! Let me know how you like it. Looking forward to getting a spare hour or two to sit down and go through all the potluck entries. Can't wait to see what you brought!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, fancy! And the colour is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! Love it! Thank you for joining in the Potluck again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, this is so creative. I need to try adding rose water to some cocktails now... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is better with rosewater!! Well... almost :)

      Delete
  8. OHhhh yes a vodka drink for those hot summer nights!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who cares if it doesn't have actual martini ingredients? It's in a martini glass, that counts! Beautiful drink, happy VVP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This may be my summer cocktail - I love rosewater but never thought to pair it with Frangelico. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So what your saying is that I can be fancy while eating candy? Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we would say in Australia (the classiest country in the world):
      Abso-bloody-lutely.

      Delete
  12. Love it. Party in a glass. Thank you for the great cocktail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is definitely the drink I would choose at a potluck. You got my vote!

    -Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in and thanks for your vote Grace! I love to meet all the new bloggers and readers at the potluck!

      Delete
  14. Wow, someone after my own heart! I love martinis!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my goodness! This makes me want to slip on my black cocktail dress and put my Dean Martin LP on the record player. Love it!

    ReplyDelete