Wednesday 3 July 2013

Vegan Mizeria (Polish Cucumber Salad)


This is my first scheduled post while I'm away overseas, I hope you'll be enjoying the things I have lined up for you while I'm travelling around! As you read this I'll be in Stockholm spending time with a near and dear friend who I haven't seen for more than three years. It'll be wonderful!

To keep you satiated in world food while I'm away, though, I thought you'd like this. It's Mizeria - a Polish cucumber salad with a creamy sour cream and dill dressing. Very simple but quite special (as simple things often are!). Fresh, creamy, crunchy and full of flavour - this vegan version uses my home made sour cream and it came up a treat.

Ingredients
3-4 cucumbers
1/2 cup vegan sour cream
1 tsp finely chopped dill
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar

To Make
1. Slice cucumbers and place in a bowl.
2. Combine sour cream, dill, salt and sugar in a bowl and stir well to combine.
3. Mix the sour cream dressing through the cucumber. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve. Best served less than an hour after it has been made. Garnish with dill sprigs for prettiness just before serving.

Serves 6-8. Perfect to bring to a potluck or family gathering.


This month I'm featuring lots of delicious food from Poland.
Check out my other Polish recipe posts:


2 comments: